Main Street

The Main Street of Breathless Press

Soul Bond One: Liaison

Naima Bryant

Soul Bond One: Liaison

Post by Naima Bryant on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 pm

"I wish this short story were longer! I believe the premise of this story is enough for a full-length novel. Since the story is shortened, I think the plot and character development were sacrificed for the sake of space...The relationship between Leona and Carrick is intense and hot, but superficial. Yes, they care for each, but why? Other than they are well matched in the bedroom, what other reason do they have to form a bond between these two?...The bones of the story are superb, lending potential motivation for character actions and plot points...I wanted more about the angry uncle. I wanted more about the Leona’s mother and her dark past. I wanted more with Carrick’s evil father. More! Even though Liaison reads like a full-length movie cut down to sitcom length, there is intrigue enough to keep the reader turning pages and wanting to know the ending. Plus, a portion of the plot is unresolved, lending a great bridge to the next installment. I want to know what happens!" BookingIt Grade: C+
    --Katie, BookingIt

To read the entire review, click on http://www.bookingit.net/?p=1570

Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 pm